SELLING NOW - Guided spring departures - 31 August, 14 September, 19 October, 16 November.
Suitable for year round travel | Grade 3 - Intermediate
This seven day escape follows SH2 from Matawai through to Opotiki and then cruises SH35, the Pacific Coast Highway to Gisborne. Stunning coastal scenery, nature, and cultural experiences abound on this adventure. The tour starts and finishes in sunny Gisborne and includes guided trips up the Motu River, Maunga Hikurangi (the sacred mountain of Ngati Porou) and Cook’s Cove (the spot where in 1769 Lieutenant James Cook replenished the Endeavour) with local Hauiti guides.
Tour available guided, supported or for independent travel
- New Zealand’s famous and scenic SH35, The Pacific Coast Highway
- The Coast’ manaakitanga – it is such a special place to be.
- Jet boat up the Motu River.
- Be the first to see the sun and greet the new day with a visit to the historic East Cape lighthouse that stands 154 metres above sea level and is accessed by a walking track of some 700 steps.
- Guided cultural tour to Ngati Porou’s sacred Maunga Hikurangi
- Guided history tour to Opoutama, Cook’s Cove with Tipuna Tours