Suitable for year round travel | Spectacular in autumn and spring | Grade 3 – Intermediate
This three day rolling and mainly downhill escape combining nature, food and wine. Starting at Motu Falls and travelling over 115 kilometres of quiet rural roads towards Gisborne. The Rere Falls Trail is a gem of quiet backcountry roads and includes 27 km of gravel. The tour takes you via Matawai, Motu, Rere Rockslide and Falls, Eastwoodhill Arboretum, the National Arboretum of New Zealand, and Gisborne’s finest wineries.
Tour available guided, supported or for independent travel
- A very scenic rural Heartland Ride which is part of The New Zealand Cycle Trail (Nga Haerenga).
- The majestic Motu Falls.
- Rere Rockslide, where you can slide down a 60m-long natural slope (free of charge but you need something to slide on and will do so at your own risk, or you can just watch others).
- Rere Falls, one of the most charming waterfalls in New Zealand, surrounded by farmland located on the Wharekopae River. A perfect picnic spot.
- Overnight stay at Eastwoodhill Arboretum, the National Arboretum of New Zealand. This attraction offers 135 hectares of stunning exotic and native trees, fantastic walking routes and vistas.
- A guided jeep tour, the best way to enjoy the Arboretum.
- Fine Gisborne wineries and brewery.