Suitable for year round travel | Spectacular in autumn and spring | Grade 3 – Intermediate
This two day rolling and mainly downhill escape combines nature, food and wine. It starts high up in the Raukumara Ranges and travels some 100 kilometres towards Gisborne. The Rere Falls Trail is a gem of quiet backcountry roads and includes 27 km of gravel. The tour takes you via the Rere Rockslide and Falls, Eastwoodhill Arboretum, the National Arboretum of New Zealand, and Gisborne’s finest wineries.
Tour available guided, supported or for independent travel
- A very scenic rural Heartland Ride which is part of Nga Haerenga, The New Zealand Cycle Trail.
- Rere Rockslide, where you can slide down a 60m-long natural slope. (free of charge but you need something to slide on and will do so at your own risk, or you can just watch others)
- Rere Falls, one of the most charming waterfalls in New Zealand, surrounded by farmland located on the Wharekopae River. A perfect picnic spot.
- Overnight stay at Eastwoodhill Arboretum, the National Arboretum of New Zealand. This attraction offers, 135 hectares of stunning exotic and native trees, fantastic walking routes and vistas.
- A guided jeep tour, the best way to enjoy the Arboretum.
- Fine Gisborne wineries and brewery.